The Voorn Croquettes Bitterballen sale was a success! Thanks to your generosity we were able to donate $954.93 to Seattle Children’s Hospital in December 2020. We would also like to thank Hillcrest Bakery for all their support in making this happen.
Our Biggest Fundraiser of the Year
April 29, 2017 from 1:30pm-4:30pm at the Brightwater Center in Woodinville
Find your orange gear and get ready to join us for one of our favorite fundraising events of the year. We will have Dutch children’s games, a silent auction, flea market, puppet show, Dutch food, beer & music.
Bring your friends and family and show your support of Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Tickets are now available online, you can buy them by clicking the button below.
Adults (21+) = $10 prepay online, $12 at door
Youth (5-20) = $5 prepay online, $7 at door
Child (under 5) = Free
Entry includes games and entertainment for the children. Concessions are available for purchase.
Event Location and Schedule
We will be at the same location again: the beautiful Brightwater Center. Be sure to read the detailed schedule of the day’s activities so you don’t miss out on a single thing!
- Brightwater Community Center | 22505 WA-9 | Woodinville, WA 98072
- April 29, 2017 from 1:30pm to 4:30pm
- You can already Buy Your Tickets Online
Volunteers are needed, welcome, and appreciated! Our volunteer coordinator has set up an online signup to make it easy to find a way to lend a helping hand at the event.
Become a Sponsor
We rely on sponsors to help us run a successful event and maximize our donation to the hospital. If you or your business is interested in becoming a sponsor for this year’s Dutch King’s Day, you can find more information on our sponsorship page.
Thank you to our generous sponsors for making this event possible.
Amalia Level Sponsor
Alexia Level Sponsors
Ariane Level Sponsors
And many thanks to these businesses and individuals for their contributions to the event.
“Toen was geluk heel gewoon” | When Happiness Was Very Ordinary
Dutch Movie Night is quickly approaching and you’re not going to want to miss this opportunity to sip a glass of wine, watch a fantastic Dutch comedy, and support Seattle Children’s Hospital in the process. Be sure to buy your tickets early because there are a limited number of seats available and they sell fast!
Please consider bringing an item or make a donation online, big or small. View wish list.
The Hansje Brinker Guild will join the Run Of Hope for pediatric brain tumor research.
For more general information on the Run Of Hope, click here
When: Sunday, September 28th, 2014
Where: Seward Park, Seattle
Date: Sunday, March 23, 2014 from 10.00am to 1.00pm
Location: Highline Ice Arena 18005 Aurora Ave N, Shoreline, WA 98133
Sign up for the first ever Elfstedentocht to take place in Seattle. The original tour consists of 125 miles of ice skating across the Dutch province of Friesland, traveling through 11 different towns and cities. To make this event even more legendary, we have created our very own family friendly version with fun filled activities for everyone. All proceeds and donations go directly to Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Register now to avoid a line at the door, then gather as many donations as you can. You can also pay with cash or check at the door.
What You Need to Know
- Everyone is welcome: children to adults, friends of your family…everyone!
- Entry fee includes coffee, tea, or hot cocoa with a Dutch treat. Children under 5 are free. (Skate rental is available for an additional $3).
- Cash or check are welcome at the door if you haven’t registered online.
- YOU NEED TO BRING YOUR OWN HELMET, stick if you have one, & warm gloves to participate in pond hockey
- Split Pea Soup, Hot Cocoa & Dutch goodies for purchase.
- The team who raises the most money will win a special VIP package that lasts the entire day…so be sure to signup!
- 10:00-10:30 Registration
- 10:30-11:15 Elfstedentocht
- 11:15-11:45 Pond Hockey (1)
- 11:45-12:00 Free Skate
- 12:00-12:30 Pond Hockey (2)
- 12:30-13:00 Free Skate or Pond Hockey (3)
We hope you and your family (and friends) can join us on the 23rd in support of Seattle Children’s Hospital.
Not fond of skating but don’t want to miss out on all the fun? We need some enthusiastic volunteers to help us out at the event. If you are interested in volunteering, please click here and sign up today!
Hansje Brinker Guild’s annual movie night and drive will show the Dutch movie ‘Hoe duur was de suiker’ or “The Cost of Sugar’.
It offers a peek into a dark part of Dutch history; it is the 18th century in Surinam, former colony of the Netherlands, where wealthy white families keep black slaves to work in their houses or on their fields. Little rich girl Sarith grows up in luxury, with her own slave Mini-Mini by her side. As Sarith and Mini-Mini grow older, their different societal positions as slave-owner and slave is what both binds and separates them.
The drive for Seattle Children’s Hospital remains ‘Operation Family Care’. Consider supporting this great program by donating a gift card of any size for Safeway or a 76 Station. For more information visit https://www.seattlechildrens.org/Guilds/Guild-News/2012/Fall/Feature-Story/.
Ticket Price: $15 for Guild Members, $18 for non-members
* Decorate your bike (or other ride) in ORANGE
The essentials of successful Orange Bike Parading:
1) Pick one of our three routes (2.5, 5, or 9+ Miles)
2) Register as an individual of family
3) Ask family and friends to support you on you quest or join your team
4) Ride your bike (or any other human-powered wheels) with pride or run!
Orange Bike and 4k Run Parade 2013
Sept 22nd, Seward Park
A big thank you to all the donors and sponsors that made the Queen’s Day celebration possible!
- Cliff Dopps
- De Brink Catering – DeBrinkCCC@aol.com
- Hoffman’s Fine Cakes & Pastries – www.hoffmansfinepastries.com
- Holland America Club – www.holland-americaclub.com
- Holland America Line – www.hollandamerica.com
- Ilse Leijten – www.ilseleijten.com
- Mary Kay Cosmetics – www.marykay.com/ckromhout
- Mireille Kools – www.koolsphotos.com
- Nibio – www.nibio.net
- Oranjeschool – www.oranjeschool.org
- Photographs by Margaret A. Lemke – www.photosbymal.com
- Silpada Designs – www.mysilpada.com/karen.drapers
- Squak Mt. Nursery – www.squakmtnursery.com
- Victor’s coffee Redmond – www.victorscelticcoffee.com
- Stef, Juliette and Kiki
- Members of the Hansje Brinker Guild